Friday, February 8, 2013

Well, I have been off to a slow start with this blog. I had to get two new booths going at Deja Vu and then once those were up and running, I had a pipe break underneath my bathroom sink two weeks ago and have been dealing with the repair people ever since. I am now taking showers at my parent's house until I can get my new flooring in and my bathroom up and running. Thankfully, I have a working toilet in my second bathroom. 

In the past month, I have refinished a few pieces of furniture and other little accessories. I had painted this particular chair a nice shade of gray prior to Christmas and finally got around to recovering the chair seat. I love how it turned out. The fabric is a Waverly fabric of gray and cream colored hydrangeas with a gorgeous green. The chair was a worn out wooden chair with a very ugly fabric on a very flat seat. I added some batting underneath to plump up the chair seat like it should be. 

One of my other upcycles were two nesting tables that were an ugly brown laminate wood. I painted them with homemade chalk paint that was a color called "Garden Spot" from Behr. Here are the before and after pics. I also did some terra cotta pots since I had extra paint:


I sanded and waxed them and loved how the pigment in the paint comes up in different colors. They are now for sale in my original booth.

I also upcycled a couple of different trays. One was rattan and I spray painted it warm yellow by Rustoleum and then hand stenciled "Bonjour" in the center. I wove black tulle through the lattice on the sides and put a bow on top. You can see it in the center of the pic of my new booth that I share with another vendor named Janet at our Deja Vu. I also upcycled that watering can lamp and little wicker doll sofa. The lamp just sold last week.

The other tray had been a picture frame that had handles added on it to make it a tray. I spray painted it a pretty mossy green and added a bird fabric print underneath the glass. I love how it turned out. 
The silk flower arrangement I also did in a little urn that I got from a neighbor that had a really ugly flower arrangement in it. I took that out, added new foam and added silk peonies, hydrangea and some trailing greens.

My other upcycle was a thrift store find. It was a white and natural farmhouse chair that was worn out and I spray painted it warm yellow. Here it is with another little flower arrangement I upcycled from a pink glittery little purse I also found at a thrift store.

My next post will show pillows that I will have finished by the time I post. Here's a little sneak preview:


See ya next time! Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so talented! I LOVE the color you painted those chairs. You're off to a great start with the new blog too! You go girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete